A website is a powerful asset for any business. It provides a space to share your company’s story, showcase your products and services, and connect with customers. And the best part? Building a website is easier and more affordable than ever before. But where can you find a cheap website builder that you can use if you are building your website?
If you’re looking for a reliable, cheap website builder to create a website for your business, check out this list of the cheapest website builder. This cheap website builder makes it easy to build a professional-looking website without spending a fortune.
How important is having a website?
A website is an essential part of any business in the modern world. It’s a place where you can share your company’s story, showcase your products and services, and connect with customers.
A website also builds trust and credibility with potential and current customers. Nearly 60% of consumers say they are more likely to purchase from a company with a professional website.
And a website is one of your business’s most effective marketing tools. It can help you reach a wider audience, generate leads and sales, and grow your business.
In short, a website is a powerful asset for any business. And the good news is building a website is easier and more affordable than ever.
What’s the best way to build a website?
You can build a website for your business in a few different ways. For example, you can hire a web developer to create a custom website, use a do-it-yourself website builder platform, or use a content management system (CMS) like WordPress.
Each option has pros and cons, but using a website builder is typically the most accessible and affordable way to create a professional-looking website. In addition, you don’t need any prior experience or technical know-how to use a website builder. So if you have the time, you can create your affordable website from any of the cheap website builder on this list!
How much does a website cost?
The cost of a website depends on a few factors, like the size and scope of your project, the site builder platform you use in website building, and whether or not you hire a web developer.
Most small businesses build a website between $500 and $5,000. Using a do-it-yourself cheap website builder like Wix or Squarespace, you can expect to pay around $10 to $30 per month. And if you use a CMS like WordPress, you’ll need to pay for web hosting, which typically costs around $5 to $15 per month.
Of course, these are just estimates. The actual cost of your website will depend on your specific project or the features you want to put on your website.
What are the cheapest website builders?
If you’re looking for a cheap website builder, there are a few different website builders to choose from. We’ve compiled a list of the eight cheapest website builders that are affordable, easy to use, and give you the best value for money.
Wix is a cloud-based website builder that includes web hosting and design services. Its user-friendly drag-and-drop features and over 500+ ready-made templates help you build your website without having specialist skills or the need to hire a web developer.
Advantage of Wix
- You can choose from the Wix pricing plans depending on the type of website you want to create. You can create a free website with Wix free plan, but it will include Wix branding, and you’ll have limited storage and features. If you want to create a professional-looking business website without spending much money, you can sign up for Wix’s Combo plan, which starts at just $13 per month.
- Wix can give you that professional website looks without breaking the bank. It has an extensive library of ready-made templates and easy-to-use drag-and-drop features.
- Wix allows live editing, which means you can see the changes you’re making to your website in real time. You don’t have to keep pressing the save button or wonder if you forgot to save your work. It automatically saves your website as you work.
- Wix provides support through a knowledge base, help center, and community forum. You can also contact Wix customer support by email or phone.
Disadvantage of Wix
- Wix’s free website builder plan doesn’t include Google Analytics. Google Analytics is necessary to track your website’s traffic and performance. With the free version, you can only use Wix-branded domain names (e.g., yourname.wixsite.com/yoursite).
- Wix websites are often slow to load, which can be frustrating for visitors. And it can affect search engine ranking. This is because the algorithm considers load times, and the faster your website loads, the higher ranked you are likely to be.
- It is unable to switch templates after going live. If you decide you want to change to a different template after your website is already live, you’ll need to start from scratch.
- Wix’s basic plan doesn’t include value-added features like a pre-installed free SSL certificate or free domain name. It does not have customization options and other essential features like multi-lingual customer support, contact forms, or widgets. And it only has 500 MB bandwidth which is usually not enough.
Weebly is an easy-to-use website builder with a free version. It lets you create and publish attractive, responsive-design websites, blogs, and online stores with eCommerce features. But it could use more themes and a better photo repository.
Advantages of Weebly
- Weebly offers around 60 templates across ten categories. That’s a decent selection, and you can further refine your choices by picking a template subcategory (e.g., “Business and Services/Online Store”).
- Weebly gives you everything you need to start a blog. You can set up a blog with a free domain name or a Weebly subdomain. But it has the most important built-in SEO features that help your blog posts rank higher in search engines.
- It also has powerful eCommerce features. You can add an online store to any Weebly plan and sell physical or digital products. And you get all the necessary features like product pages, shopping carts, coupons, and tax calculation. Weebly is one of the few website builders that also lets you sell subscriptions and memberships.
- Weebly has a built-in contact form so you can collect leads without having to install third-party integrations. It also has other powerful features like password protection, file sharing, and email marketing Integration.
- Weebly makes adding photos, video, and audio to your website easy. You can upload files from your computer or import them from Facebook, YouTube, and other online services.
- Weebly has a free trial that allows users to test out the site builder before committing to a paid plan. The free trial gives users access to all of Weebly’s features, including site builder, eCommerce, and web hosting.
- If you need more features than the free plan, Weebly offers the cheapest plans with great value for money than the competition. For example, Weebly’s $8 per month Starter plan gives you a free domain name, unlimited storage, and bandwidth with no ads.
Disadvantage of Weebly
- Weebly does not allow the installation of any software on their site builder, which is applicable for both the free version and paid plans. This feature is one of the most significant disadvantages of opting for Weebly hosting.
- It does not allow website backup and modification. Although Weebly allows site backups, website owners cannot upload the backed-up site back into the Weebly site or any other service provider. This feature means you need to build your content from scratch in case you lose your Weebly content or Weebly accidentally deletes your website for any reason.
- It has blog limitations. You cannot copy a Weebly blog; hence it is challenging to migrate your blog content into the site.
- Weebly has poor page management. Weebly does not offer any tool for managing the website’s pages. When your site has more than hundreds of pages, it is challenging to arrange the navigation of pages since they are currently placed one below the other.
Squarespace is an all-in-one content management system or CMS. You can make a website, host your content, register your custom domain name, sell products, track your site’s analytics, and much more with a single paid plans subscription.
Advantages of Squarespace
- Squarespace makes it easy to set up and get going, whether you have purchased already or are looking to purchase a domain. It’s all done with a few simple clicks. No need to download anything to your computer, extract files, or set up a “wp-config.php” file. You can signup for a 14-day free trial and familiarize yourself with the features.
- Squarespace does not need maintenance from you. Its developers are responsible for maintaining the platform’s backend and managing all the performance and security updates for you. This feature means you don’t need to worry about any backend maintenance or security risks, and you don’t need to “update your version”.
- You don’t need plugins to make your website work. With Squarespace, there are no plugins or updates to create by yourself. Squarespace does everything under a tried and tested environment and then deployed to the platform.
- Content and layout are more flexible. The drag-and-drop Squarespace feature allows you to make new pages, layouts, and content with the click of a few buttons.
- It has 24/7 support. Squarespace’s active support community offers 24/7 customer support through live chat, email, and phone.
- ECommerce features. Squarespace’s eCommerce features are some of the best in the business. With a Squarespace site, a small business can sell physical and digital products, and offer subscriptions and memberships. It also has marketing features that set up coupon codes and discount pricing. You can also sell products on your Squarespace site using Square, a popular credit card processing service.
- Squarespace’s templates are some of the most beautiful and modern cheap website builder. And they’re not just aesthetically pleasing; Squarespace also designed them to be responsive, meaning they’ll look good on any device, from a desktop computer to a smartphone.
- If you sign up for Squarespace’s annual plan, you’ll get a free domain for one year. That’s a great deal, considering some site builders charge $20 or more paid annually for a custom domain.
- You can also use Squarespace to create a blog. And the platform offers free SEO tools to help you promote your content.
Disadvantages of Squarespace
- It is pricier than some competitors. Squarespace is one of the more expensive site builders on the market. Its cheapest plans start at $12 per month, and its most costly paid plan is $40 per month.
- Squarespace does not offer a free plan, so you must sign up for a paid plan if you want to use the platform. Although you may want to avail of the 14-day money-back guarantee free trial first before you decide to commit to a paid plan.
- It has limited functionalities. Although we mentioned that Squarespace does not need plugins to make it work, some people like to add external functionalities. And you cannot install plugins in Squarespace. There are some basic in-built functionalities but only a few options to add external functionalities to enhance its capabilities.
GoDaddy is a beginner-friendly cheap website builder that uses Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI) to make website building more accessible and faster than ever. It uses the information you enter to create a customized site in minutes, making it perfect for beginners who want to publish a simple website online.
Advantages of GoDaddy
- It is the only affordable website builder with an ADI feature. GoDaddy’s ADI feature is its most significant selling point. With ADI, you enter basic information about your small business (e.g., name, address, industry, etc.), and GoDaddy will create a custom website for you in minutes.
- It is easy to use. GoDaddy is easy to use, even for beginners. Its ADI feature makes website building fast and easy, and its drag-and-drop builder is straightforward and intuitive.
- GoDaddy has affordable pricing plans. GoDaddy’s pricing plans are some of the most affordable in the website builder industry. Its cheapest plans start at $5 per month, and its most expensive paid plan is $25 per month.
- If you sign up for GoDaddy’s annual plan, you’ll get a free domain for one year. That’s a great deal, considering some website builders charge $20 or more paid annually for a custom domain.
- GoDaddy gives you numerous bonuses for signing up. GoDaddy offers advertising credits for new accounts that sign up for web hosting. These bonuses include $100 for Google AdWords, $50 for social media sites like Bing or Facebook, and other credits that GoDaddy designed to help you begin increasing traffic levels to your website.
Disadvantages of GoDaddyADI
- It can be limiting. While GoDaddy’s ADI feature is excellent for website building, it can be limiting if you want more control over the design and layout of your site.
- GoDaddy does not offer live chat support, which can be frustrating if you need help with your site and want to get a response by email.
- It has expensive restoration fees. Most companies will restore a website for you without cost. At GoDaddy, the restoration fee can sometimes be as high as $300. The expensive restoration fees pressure you to make sure you make no mistakes and keep your site looking the exact way you want it to look.
Duda is a leading cheap website builder for web professionals and agencies of all sizes, with powerful team collaboration and client management features for website building and managing websites at scale.
Advantages of Duda
- Duda provides design flexibility by offering a wide range of templates and tools for designing your business website. It allows you to create a site that looks how you want it.
- Duda is easy to use, even for beginners. Its drag-and-drop editor is straightforward and intuitive, and its wide range of templates and tools make it easy to create a site that looks exactly the way you want.
- Duda’s pricing plans are some of the most affordable in the website builder industry. Its cheapest plan starts at $14 per month, and its most expensive paid plan is $39 per month.
- If you sign up for Duda’s annual plan, you’ll get a free domain name. That’s a great deal, considering some site builders charge $20 or more paid annually for a free custom domain name.
Disadvantages of Duda
- Duda does not offer a free plan, so you’ll have to sign up for a paid plan if you want to use the platform. It offers a free 14-day free trial so you can check if the features of the website builder are something you need before you commit to a paid plan.
- SEO tools are lacking compared to other cheap website builder being used.
Strikingly is a website builder that allows users to create a mobile-optimized website with little or no development experience. Instead, the company takes a mobile-first approach, allowing users to create enhanced websites for viewing across all devices, including desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
Advantage of Strikingly
- One of the advantages of Strikingly is its simplicity. The website builder is easy to use and perfect for beginners who want to create a simple, mobile-optimized website.
- Strikingly offers a 14-day free trial, which is excellent for those who want to try out the platform before committing to a paid plan.
- Website-building tools provide templates you can customize according to your branding. It also allows you to add galleries, create video backgrounds, and use custom colors. Strikingly enables you to register a new domain name or use a custom domain. It offers HTTPS, has SEO tools for boosting, and a free SSL certificate to ensure your security.
- eCommerce features allow users to upload products, create custom checkout experiences, and collect customer payments.
- Strikingly allows users to create signup forms and send newsletters. It enables you to turn visitors into customers through marketing tools you can design to engage them by signing up for regular newsletters.
- It allows for multi-language and auto-translation. Strikingly supports multi-language and auto-translation and provides your visitors with mobile action buttons to enhance your communications.
Disadvantages of Strikingly
- It has limited features. Strikingly’s basic plan is minimal, and its paid plans are less feature-rich than some of the other website builders on this list.
- It has poor value for money. Strikingly’s design options and features are limited, especially considering its cheapest annual plan begins at $8 per month.
uKit is an intuitive and user-friendly website builder that allows you to implement your ideas the way you want. It is so simple to use that an artist will be able to create a portfolio. Or a business person can create an online store; a restaurant critic can start a business card, or a traveler can put up their blog by themselves. There’s no need to splurge on design studio services or take courses in website development. Instead, you can create a website in a few hours through a drag-and-drop editor with your mouse.
With the help of uKit, you can design mobile-friendly website portals for small businesses. It provides professional templates to choose from, and the toolkit gives us all the marketing tools needed to edit text and images and adjust page layouts on the business website. We can also add in-built features like live chat customer support, which are only available on uKit.
Advantages of uKit
- It has an abundance of themes. uKit offers a wide variety of beautiful, modern templates to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a simple website or a more complex one, you’ll find a template that suits your needs.
- uKit is easy to use, even for beginners. The drag-and-drop editor is straightforward to use, even for those with no prior experience in website development.
- All uKit designs are adaptive and will look great on any screen. No matter what device you view your website on mobile phone, tablet, laptop, or personal computer, the elements will change their size, and the website will adjust for any display. There is no need for your clients to use their computers to check out something on your website.
- uKit offers the cheapest plans for premium features in this industry. Depending on your preferences and required tools, you can choose one of 4 paid plans that can add extra features to your website.
- Once you have successfully done website building, you can quickly start promoting it. On the Dashboard, you will see how your website performs in terms of promotion and get tips on optimizing your website for Google. To speed up the website indexing, you can add it to Google Search Console and enable Google Analytics to collect statistics from the uKit Dashboard.
- uKit has many integrated widgets you can connect with in just a few clicks. Similarly, you can extend the features of your website by connecting third-party integrations. On uKit, you will find online stores widget, media widgets (SoundCloud, SlideShare), widgets for interacting with customers (MailChimp, LiveAgent, LiveChat, JivoChat), widgets of popular social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest) and others.
Disadvantages of uKit
- uKit does not offer a free trial, so you’ll have to sign up for a paid plan if you want to use the platform. It offers a 14-day free trial, but you’ll have to provide your credit card information to sign up.
- It does not cover email forwarding. You can easily find this in Weebly, Wix, and other website builders but not with uKit. The design customization options are also quite limited. You can change the color scheme of your website and add your logo, but that’s about it.
At its core, WordPress is the simplest, most popular way to create your website or blog. WordPress powers almost all the websites on the Internet. WordPress likely powers more than one in four websites you visit.
On a slightly more technical level, WordPress is an open-source content management system licensed under GPLv2, meaning anyone can use or modify the WordPress software for free. A content management system is a tool that makes it easy to manage critical aspects of your website, like content, without needing to know anything about programming.
The result is that WordPress makes building a website accessible to anyone, even people who aren’t developers.
Advantage of WordPress
- WordPress is open source, meaning anyone can contribute to the development of the software. This feature makes it an excellent platform for people who want to be involved in the community and have a say in the direction that WordPress is going.
- WordPress is highly flexible, which makes it suitable for a wide range of websites, from simple blogs to complex eCommerce sites.
- A WordPress site can be installed and up and running in minutes, even without technical expertise. All a user needs is a domain name and a hosting web account. WordPress can be installed free through your WordPress provider or uploaded directly from WordPress.org. From there, an intuitive and easy-to-manage admin dashboard has all the features needed to customize a site’s heading and layout and start creating pages and posts immediately.
- WordPress offers users an array of choices for fine-tuning the appearance and functions of a new site, thanks to its large and growing directory of basic and premium themes. Many of these are instantly available to a new site owner through the WordPress theme directory, design marketplaces, and third-party designers worldwide. Themes can be previewed live and installed at any time to change the look and layout of a WordPress site.
- WordPress includes all the elements needed to create a basic site, but many users want more specialized functions related to a site’s specific needs. The WordPress plugin directory includes hundreds of plugins. Plugins are small pieces of code designed to perform particular tasks. It allows users to add features such as shopping carts, galleries, contact forms, and more to any compatible WordPress site. Users can also purchase and install hundreds of custom plugins from third-party developers. Plugins can be activated or deactivated and uninstalled as needed as a site evolves.
- Searchability is key to ranking high on Google and other search engines. WordPress sites rank high for their keywords, mainly because WordPress constantly updates its platforms. WordPress also includes various SEO tools and plugins for optimizing content for SEO (search engine optimization).
- Mobile responsiveness is also a factor in Google rankings, so websites must look good on any device. WordPress offers a variety of responsive theme designs, and users can also make a static site responsive with plugins and adjustments to theme files.
Disadvantages of WordPress
- The free plan offered by WordPress.com is very limited, and you’ll need to upgrade to paid plans if you want access to more features.
- Due to the popularity of WordPress, it is the main target for hackers and spammers. Even if your agency downloads all the security plugins WordPress offers, more is needed to keep your website safe. Your website will likely get spammed if you have a blog section that allows comments or if you have a contact us form. It can be time-consuming to go through the comments and emails. Any website vulnerability can hurt your credibility and potentially spread viruses to your users.
- WordPress needs a lot of plugins for additional features. If you want to add features to your website, your agency must search for plugins on WordPress. Some plugins are free, and others come with a fee. Sometimes, the plugins found are outdated, and people no longer use them.
What is the best cheap website builder?
There is no one “best” cheap website builder. However, Wix and Weebly are two of the most popular and user-friendly website builders available. Additionally, both website builders offer a free plan and a 14-day free trial for premium paid plans, so you can choose the level of investment that best suits your needs.
Wix and Weebly offer a drag-and-drop editor, making it easy to create a cheap website even if you don’t have any technical expertise. Additionally, both cheap website builders provide a wide range of templates so you can create a free website that fits your specific needs and objectives.
Finally, Wix and Weebly offer customer support if you have questions or need help creating your website.
What is the best cheap website builder for small businesses?
There are a few different website builders that are well-suited for a small business. Weebly, GoDaddy, and Squarespace are all excellent options. Weebly is a good option for small businesses because of its ease of use and the variety of features, including eCommerce functionality and free custom domain names.
GoDaddy is also a good option for a small business, as it offers both website builder and hosting services in one package. Additionally, GoDaddy has a wide range of templates to choose from and 24/7 customer support in case you have problems with your website and cannot wait for the email response other cheap website builders have.
Squarespace is another good option for small businesses, as it offers many templates, most of which are designed for small businesses. With Squarespace, all of those plugins and apps are built right in. You can add a blog or an entire eCommerce store with the touch of a button! You can easily connect your email marketing tools, embed videos and galleries, and do anything. And these features are built in really well.
What are the best cheap website builders for artists?
The best website builder for artists will vary depending on the artist’s specific needs. However, some standard features to look for in an artist’s website builder include templates specifically designed for portfolios, the ability to sell artwork online, and integrations with social media platforms.
Some popular website builders for artists include Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace. Wix and Weebly both offer a wide range of templates specifically designed for portfolios, and all three website builders provide the ability to sell artwork online. Additionally, Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace integrate with social media platforms, making it easy to share your work with a broader audience.
When choosing a cheap website builder for artists, it is crucial to consider the artist’s specific needs. Certain artists may need certain features of the website more than others. For example, if you are a photographer, choose a website builder that offers templates designed explicitly for portfolios. On the other hand, if you are a painter, choose a website builder that can sell artwork online.
What are the best cheap website builders for bloggers?
The best cheap website builder for bloggers will vary depending on the specific needs of the blogger. However, some standard features to look for in a website builder for bloggers include templates specifically designed for blogs, integration with social media platforms, and the ability to monetize your blog with advertising or affiliate links.
Some popular website builders for bloggers include WordPress, Blogger, and Medium. WordPress is a popular option for bloggers because it offers a wide range of templates specifically designed for blogs and the ability to monetize your blog with advertising or affiliate links. The website builder, Blogger is another popular option for bloggers. Google owns Blogger and offers integration with Google Adsense, a popular way to monetize blogs. Another website builder for bloggers is Medium. It is a popular option for bloggers who want a simple platform to write and share their stories, as it offers a clean and easy-to-use interface.
What is the best website builder for eCommerce?
The best website builder for eCommerce will vary depending on the business’s specific needs. However, some standard eCommerce website builder features include templates specifically designed for online stores, the ability to accept payments online, and integrations with shipping carriers.
Some popular website builders for eCommerce include Shopify, BigCommerce, and WooCommerce. Shopify and BigCommerce are both popular options for businesses that want to build an online store, as they offer a wide range of templates specifically designed for eCommerce. Additionally, Shopify and BigCommerce integrate with major shipping carriers, making it easy to ship orders to customers. Finally, WooCommerce is a popular option for small businesses using WordPress to build their online stores. It is a plugin you can add to a WordPress site to add eCommerce functionality.
Wix vs Weebly: Which is a better website builder?
Weebly and Wix are good website builders but have different strengths and weaknesses. On one hand, Wix is a good choice if you want to create a professional-looking business website without spending a lot of money. It offers a wide range of templates and features. However, Weebly is a better choice if you want to create an affordable website with ease of use and navigation, as it has a more straightforward interface. Additionally, Weebly is a good choice if you want to create online stores, as it offers built-in support for eCommerce.
Wix and Weebly are good options for artists who want to create a website. Wix offers a wide range of templates specifically designed for portfolios, while Weebly provides the ability to sell artwork online. However, both website builders have different strengths and weaknesses. Wix is a good choice if you want to create an affordable website that is professional-looking. Because it offers a wide range of templates and features. However, Weebly is a better choice if you want to create a website with ease of use and navigation, as it has a more straightforward interface. Additionally, Weebly is a good choice if you want to create online stores, as it offers built-in support for eCommerce.
Weebly vs Squarespace: Which is a better website builder?
Both Weebly and Squarespace are good choices for building an affordable website. They’re both easy to use, have beautiful templates, and offer a free domain with an annual plan. However, Squarespace is more expensive than Weebly and doesn’t offer a free plan. Additionally, Weebly has more features than Squarespace, such as the ability to create online stores and add custom HTML code.
Weebly is a good choice if you want to create a website that has great value for money, and that is easy to use and navigate. Additionally, Weebly offers more features than Squarespace, such as the ability to create an online store and add custom HTML code. However, Squarespace is a better choice if you want a sleek and modern website, as it offers a wide range of templates specifically designed for businesses. Additionally, Squarespace is more expensive than Weebly.
WordPress vs Blogger: Which is a better website builder?
Blogger and WordPress are both popular blogging cheap website builder. While WordPress is a good choice if you want more control over the design of your blog, as it offers a wide range of themes and plugins. In addition, WordPress is more flexible than Blogger, because you can use WordPress for more than just blogging. However, Blogger is a good choice if you want an easy-to-use platform specific to blogging. Additionally, the website builder, Blogger, is owned by Google, which means your blog will automatically be backed up and stored on Google servers.
There are many cheap website builders available for you to tap into if you want to create your website. Weebly, Wix, and WordPress are all popular choices that offer a range of features and templates specifically for eCommerce businesses. Shopify and BigCommerce are also great choices if you’re looking to create an online store, as they integrate with major shipping carriers. WooCommerce is another option if you’re using WordPress to build your website.
But if you don’t have the time and flexibility to create your website, hiring a web developer to do it for you may be your best bet. A good web developer will be able to create a website that meets your specific needs and requirements. You can check out Design Match to find a web developer who is a good fit for your business.
Design Match is an online platform that connects businesses with pre-vetted web developers and design agencies. We carefully select the best agencies and developers to match your specific project needs. With Design Match, you can be sure that you’ll find the perfect partner to help you create a website that meets your specific needs and budget.