Hiring a designer for your law firm can be overwhelming. You want someone to really capture the essence of your practice and understand its values. You need someone who can speak to your target market about what you do, but also communicate with them on a personal level. This article teaches you how to find the perfect designer for your law firm!
Why do law firms need designers ?
When law firms start out, they are often a room or two of people who want to change the world. The owners work hard and put in long hours because they know that if just one person can be helped by their labor, it will all be worth it. But as these companies grow, so does the need for branding and design. They need designers to help them grow their brand and create the right ambience for clients. They also want a professional, polished website that can show off all of the great work they do.
What type of Designer do law firms need?
Throughout the life of a firm the design needs will change. Here are some of the types of designers law firms need.
Brand design is the cornerstone of a law firm. Brand designers are responsible for defining the personality and values of your practice, as well as creating your brand’s aesthetic.
Web designers build websites to represent law firms online in an optimized way that will increase trust with clients by showcasing their work.
If you law firm wants to create their own mobile or web app – you may look to hire an interface designer.
How to Find an Amazing Design for your lawfirm
Steps to finding a designer:
- Know what you want your law firm’s brand to say about who you are – this will help define the kind of designers that would be good for your practice.
- Create a list of questions and ask potential candidates these questions during interviews, such as “what is the most important element of law firm branding?
- When hiring a designer, look for someone who is easy to work with and has understanding of the values you place on your practice.
When interviewing potential candidates: ask questions about their design process or what they think are the most important elements in lawfirm branding, as these can give insight into how well they will work with you.
When interviewing potential candidates: ask if they have any other projects that relate to law firms or the legal profession on their portfolio site, as this can give insight into how well they understand your field and what it takes to succeed in this area of design.
Where to find great designers for your law firm:
- Check out freelancing site and platforms for designers to share their work.
- Look on Instagram or Facebook pages that law firms you admire follow – these may be a good place to find someone who could fit your needs.
- Read blogs by other attorneys in the field about how they found their designer or where they would recommend looking.
Or sign up for Design Match where we match you with the perfect design in less than 72 hours.
When you are hiring a designer for your law firm, keep in mind that they will be working closely with the management and staff of the practice. It is important to find someone who understands what branding means to your profession and shares those values.
They should also understand how hard you work on behalf of clients and not want to create something that doesn’t speak to that.
Find your perfect designer today with Design Match. Get up to 20% off hourly rates today.